- T. Hardy Morris - OK Corral
- T. Hardy Morris - Interview
- T. Hardy Morris - Audition Tapes
- Johnny Stimson Interview
- Johnny Stimson - Human Man
- The Temperance Movement (Last.fm…
- Hirie - Discovery of the Week
- The Last Word: Lissie
- Jillette Johnson - Interview
- Jillette Johnson - Butterfly…
- Jillette Johnson - Cameron
- Brick+Mortar - The Last Word
- Deafheaven (Last.fm Live)
- Waxahatchee - I Think I Love You…
- Waxahatchee - Tangled Envisioning…
- Andrew WK - Horror Stories from the…
- IAMDYNAMITE - Interview
- IAMDYNAMITE - Where Will We Go?
- IAMDYNAMITE @ New York Comic-Con
- IAMDYNAMITE - Hey Girl
- Claudio Sanchez - The Last Word…
- Brett Dennen - Don't Mess With…
- Brett Dennen - Interview
- Brett Dennen - Wild Child
Recently, we caught a glimpse of Minnesota’s own underground hip-hop artist, Dessa, touring to promote her upcoming album Parts of Speech on Doomtree Records. Dessa is a longtime veteran of the Twin Cities label, as well as its only female MC.
This time out, Dessa isn’t holding back artistically and is giving her fans something unexpected, dipping into jazz and hard-rock while still keeping her hip-hop foundation. “There’s a lot of ground musically covered. So there’ll be some tender moments, and there’ll be some whiskey-chuggin not so tender moments.”
Dessa sat down with us before her show at Brooklyn’s Union Hall, to discuss the new album, finding the right musicians for her band, and her qualms with misogyny in the Hip-hop world.
Dessa is continuing to tour this Summer in support of Parts of Speech
Pre-order “Parts of Speech” on Vinyl, direct from Doomtree.