- The Last Word: Betty Who
- Whitney Wolanin - Run Run Rudolph
- T. Hardy Morris - Interview
- T. Hardy Morris - OK Corral
- T. Hardy Morris - Audition Tapes
- Johnny Stimson Interview
- Johnny Stimson - Human Man
- The Temperance Movement (Last.fm…
- Hirie - Discovery of the Week
- The Last Word: Lissie
- Jillette Johnson - Interview
- Jillette Johnson - Butterfly…
- Jillette Johnson - Cameron
- Brick+Mortar - The Last Word
- Deafheaven (Last.fm Live)
- Waxahatchee - I Think I Love You…
- Waxahatchee - Tangled Envisioning…
- Andrew WK - Horror Stories from the…
- IAMDYNAMITE - Interview
- IAMDYNAMITE - Where Will We Go?
- IAMDYNAMITE - Hey Girl
- IAMDYNAMITE @ New York Comic-Con
- Claudio Sanchez - The Last Word…
- Brett Dennen - Don't Mess With…
A powerhouse of rock n’ roll talent, West Coasters Nico Vega come East to the Last.fm NY offices while on tour to promote the new EP Fury Oh Fury. You may recognize the sound of their current single from the ‘Beast of America’ trailer for the video game Bioshock Infinite (debuting last Fall alongside the trailer for the film Jack Reacher). This led to an obvious spike in listenership on Last.fm charts.
Stand tall for the beast of America.
Lay down like a naked dead body,
keep it real for the people workin' overtime,
Vicious right? Maybe sounds like the kind of band you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark alley, right? You couldn’t be more wrong. The trio of Aja Volkman on vocals, Rich Koehler on guitar and Dan Epand on drums form together this force of bluesy alt-rock with intense fuzzy licks, fierce vocal action and bombastic drumming. Whats so awesome about these guys is how friendly, pleasant and completely mellow they are. The best way to put it is that they have a TON of musical energy to share with you, but only if you want to invite yourself along… and trust me when I say this… you do.
With a growing audience long based in friendship more than fanbase, Nico Vega embody the idyllic West Coast indie scene-dom. Their message is clear: be yourself. Express your freedom and your personal style while being loving and gracious to eachother… however never ever take anyone else’s crap. From 2005 til 2009 the band released several EP’s and a full-length studio album (We Are The Art). More recently the collective trio has dealt with some difficult individual trials as well as a lineup change and reigned in their writing style to become more personal and inclusive. They deliver all of these in recordings and on stage with a passion you can feel in your guts. Listening along it’s easy to hear the pepperings of Janis Joplin, The White Stripes and Foxy Shazam in the influences, as well as a plethora of true and hearty classic rock history.
Sharing the stage with the likes of Shiny Toy Guns, Soundtrack of Our Lives and our old friends and Session-mates Neon Trees, now they’re out on the road with old friend (and Aja’s husband) Imagine Dragons. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to catch a show; scope the events page to find when they’ll be near you!