- Stornoway - Farewell Appalachia…
- Kevin Devine - She Can See Me (The…
- Boy & Bear - Southern Sun…
- Boy & Bear - Three Headed Woman…
- Lucius - Interview
- Lucius - Go Home
- Lucius - How Loud Your Heart Gets
- Lucius - Turn It Around
- Willy Mason - Talk Me Down
- The Last Word: Julian Lennon
- Last.fm Live present Outfit
- Vinyl Thief - Interview
- Vinyl Thief - Stop Motion
- Vinyl Thief - Smooth
- Vinyl Thief - Faces
- The Last Word: Anoushka Shankar
- The Last Word - Olafur Arnalds
- Joseph Arthur - The Ballad of…
- Joseph Arthur - The Saint of…
- Joseph Arthur: Profile of an Artist
- Owen - Breaking Away (Last.fm and…
- Owen - Love Is Not Enough (Last.fm…
- Diego Garcia - Last.fm Interview
- Diego Garcia - Start With The End
We have met the Young Guns squad once before here at Last.fm Originals when they stopped by to plug the forthcoming sophomore release of Bones. Now, after nearly a year of non-stop momentum the guys are back with a very special performance straight out of Rewind Studios in NYC.
First, lets re-introduce the dudes: we have Gustav Wood on vocals, John and Fraser Taylor on guitar, Ben Joliffe on drums and Simon Mitchell on bass. Primarily claiming Buckinghamshire UK their home, these guys have had a banner year. Premiere single, “Bones” brought major fan and critical acclaim, going #1 on Active Rock charts giving the band the prestigeous title as highest charting new band at Active Rock in 2012. From there the track was featured on WWE Wrestlemania, got them a nod for ‘Best New Talent’ @ this years Revolver Golden God Awards. Young Guns also boast a full-page profile piece in Alternative Press annual “100 Bands You Need To Know”… not to shabby for their Wind-up Records debut.
Ill lay in wait
Praying to whoever
Will listen to me
Ive fashioned my own cross
They humble themselves, showing a deep appreciation for the contributing factors like fans, journalists & radio play that helped them do what they self proclaim as something “brave”. With ever growing energy and ambition that is reflected in each and every song, the band pulls every aspect of their individual lives as well as their collective musical experience in order to keep writing better and stronger.
Each of these songs competes for top track spots on their profile as the new tracks from All Our Kings Are Dead, such as “Dearly Departed”, being to usurp the long time favorites from Bones.
Making a big splash at this year’s SXSW, the guys just finished a tour with Bullet for my Valentine &Halestorm. Next on the docket are a couple of pretty big billed festivals you may want to look into.
New single: “You Are Not”
Find Young Guns all over the web