- The Last Word: Betty Who
- Whitney Wolanin - Run Run Rudolph
- T. Hardy Morris - Interview
- T. Hardy Morris - OK Corral
- T. Hardy Morris - Audition Tapes
- Johnny Stimson Interview
- Johnny Stimson - Human Man
- The Temperance Movement (Last.fm…
- Hirie - Discovery of the Week
- The Last Word: Lissie
- Jillette Johnson - Interview
- Jillette Johnson - Butterfly…
- Jillette Johnson - Cameron
- Brick+Mortar - The Last Word
- Deafheaven (Last.fm Live)
- Waxahatchee - I Think I Love You…
- Waxahatchee - Tangled Envisioning…
- Andrew WK - Horror Stories from the…
- IAMDYNAMITE - Interview
- IAMDYNAMITE - Where Will We Go?
- IAMDYNAMITE - Hey Girl
- IAMDYNAMITE @ New York Comic-Con
- Claudio Sanchez - The Last Word…
- Brett Dennen - Don't Mess With…
You’ve probably already seen the viral sensation that is the fully instrumental 2CELLOS cover of Michael Jackson‘s Smooth Criminal; which as the artist title would suggest: was performed solely on the cello. Since then, the young Croatian pair Luka Šulić and Stjepan Hauser have built a major following by combining their classical musicianship with pop-music sensibility.
Their Self-Titled debut album debuted in June 2011, and featured Luka and Stjepan covering tunes fromNirvana, U2, Guns n’ Roses and many more. Now, they’re back with even more, and this time around they’re expanding. Covering the likes of Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC,Muse, The Police and Elton John… only now they are joined by accompaniments and guest vocalists including Steve Vai, Naya Rivera (from Glee), and Sky Ferreira .
Of course, what more can we say to complement 2CELLOS when their biggest cheerleader is Sir Elton John himself:
“…Go and see them live, because it really is astonishing! I can’t remember seeing anything as exciting as them since I saw Jimi Hendrix live back in the 60’s…”
This of course led to Elton and 2CCELLOS sharing an international tour for the better part of 2012. Recently departing that adventure to pickup a headlining tour to support the sophomore release In2ition which just came out last month. The album was produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper,Kiss, and Deep Purple.)
Sulic and Hauser have played the cello since childhood; Sulic graduated from the acclaimed Royal Academy of Music in London, and Hauser from the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, both in 2011. Individually they have won prestigious prizes and awards, and have performed worldwide at renowned concert venues. These talents are really a driving force in legitimizing kitschy fun pop.
Pick up In2ition on iTunes